Your social media marketing strategy is a summary of everything you plan to do and hope to achieve on social media. Think of it as a marathon, not a sprint. Tinkering away at it, will return results in the end as long as you plan ahead.
With any business marketing, it's important to not post on social media merely for the sake of posting. Having a social media strategy is key. It will save you time, and also give you more consistent, and coherent, brand messaging.
- Firstly, you need to figure out what you want out of your social media. This could be anything from more customers; better ROI; better quality sales; the creation of a loyal fanbase to increased brand awareness. All of these are relevant and matter.
- Then work out how much budget you want to allocate to your social media, and what platforms you want to be on... or don't want to be on.
- Make sure you research your audience; and also keep a keen eye on what your competitors are doing. The simplest way to find competitors is through a simple Google search. Look up your most valuable keywords, phrases and industry terms to see who shows up and then browse the feeds of competitors with great social engagement.
- Think video. Engagement is largely down to how you create and curate engaging social media content. "Content is king", and not just any content nowadays either. Video content is massively on the ascent, so whether you make something live, long-form or even a short-looking video or GIF - what's important is that you get animated or video content up there regardless.
- Think about how quickly you get back to customers, and think about what times are best to post content to these customers too. When they're eating breakfast, or sat on the sofa in the evening?
Ultimately, your social media strategy should always evolve alongside your company. Listen to what your customers are telling you, and engage as much as possible.
Find out more about our digital design agency.